November 14, 2010

Encouraging Stories-C. Falls woman follows God across continents

Joan Melrose, 71, of Columbia Heights remembers the pact she made with God after hearing his calling to do missionary work.
“I told God I’ll never beg,” she said. “I’ll share the vision God has given me. When the money quits, I quit.”

With her own money, she started on her missionary path in 1986 and continued with contributions from others inspired by her work. Melrose said she always had just enough to accomplish her missions, which included founding an international accredited nondenominational Bible college in Africa.

She built a campus in Bungoma, Kenya, and developed satellite schools across Kenya. Other institutions teach her curriculum in Uganda, Congo, Malawi, India and the United States.

Click here to read the entire story from the Daily Inter Lake in Kalispell, MT.

No comments:

Post a Comment