January 13, 2012

Encouraging Scripture-Fuel Up!

I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways. I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word.  Psalm 119:5-6 (NIV)

When we thirsty and afraid of becoming dehydrated, espeically in the heat, we drink some water.  When we're hungry, we go to McDonalds-oops, I mean get something to eat.  When we're tired and need rest, we sleep.  When the gas gage in our car is pointing toward that big E, we go to the gas station and fill up.

So when we are spiritually dry and malnourished, why don't we stop, pull out our Bible, and fuel up?

It sounds so darned simple when I put it that way, but I've certainly been guilty of neglecting that important step myself.  I had to study hard for years to become a good accountant, so why would I think I can just roll out of bed in the morning and be a good Christian?  Not because I'm stupid (not really looking for feedback on that statement) but because I allow the speed and business of life to pull me away. 

God will give us the fuel to not only survive our lives but thrive in them, but we need to make up our minds to pull over out of the fast lane and fill up on His Word on a regular basis before we run dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment