February 23, 2011

Encouraging Words-Living With Limitations

From New Life Daily Devotion

It is almost as presumptuous to think you can do nothing as to think you can do everything.  In other words, be honest about your limitations, but don't exaggerate them, or use them as an excuse to keep from being a productive person.


Joni Erikson Tada embodies this truth well.  Paralyzed below the neck as a result of a diving accident, she has ministered to millions through her speaking, singing, and painting (she holds a paintbrush in her mouth!)  What an inspiration she is!

Helen Keller who also embodied this truth expressed such an attitude in this beautiful statement: "I am only one; but still I am one.  I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Be hopeful of a man whose limitations are not yet known; maybe he won't reach them -          Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment