January 11, 2011

Encouraging Words-"Reflected In His Eyes"

From Reflections:

1 Corinthians 13:12, NIV: Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

There is a mirror at the end of my hallway that seems to reflect a thinner image of the person looking at it. Each time I walk through the hallway toward it, it sure seems to make me feel just a little better about how I look. But, that wonderful illusion was a bit dashed as I caught my reflection in the window of our family minivan, which cast a somewhat less flattering view of a shorter, broader me. Regardless of how such things can make a person feel, little can ever be gained by evaluating one’s self through distorted reflections. There are many things in this world that distort the true representation of who we are. They can cause us to overlook our faults, or find faults in ourselves where none exist. Only in the eyes of God will we see ourselves for who we truly are. And only by spending adequate time with Him will we get close enough to Him to see how we are reflected in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment