September 20, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-God is our real boss.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, 24since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism.
Colossians 3:23-25 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

I had a frustrating moment at work recently and, while I had a rare moment to myself in my office, I clearly heard the Lord say, "You work for me."  I'm generally happy with my job, but in those moments when I'm frustrated, disillusioned, or fighting some other negative emotion, it's good to remember that the home office is actually in Heaven, the big boss is God, and He'll work everything out as it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment