September 11, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-A stronghold is the day of trouble

When I think back on the events of 9/11/01, I remember that the following Sunday churches were packed.  People were seeking comfort, seeking answers, seeking peace.  They were in the right place, but many of them didn't hang around long enough to find it.  I remember how scared I was that day, especially living so close to Washington, DC and having co-workers in the Pentagon when it was hit (fortunately none of them were injured). Like much of America, I stayed scared because I did not have a strong walk with the Lord then.  If I had, I would have realized that He is my stronghold despite what any person or nation does.  In times that continue to be very turbulent, isn't knowing the Lord more important than ever?  Has was He offers us ever been more important?

The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him
Nahum 1:7 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment