September 13, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-We can be swift and strong

Legendary football coach Vince Lombardi is credited with several legendary quotes.  One of them that I have found so true is "fatigue makes cowards of us all."  When we feel weary, everything becomes more difficult and we just don't engage life like we normally would.  I know this is one of my biggest challenges as it is for many like me that are on the high-side of 50 years old.  The Bible tells us that we shouldn't worry about this because the Lord will make us strong and fast and will take us to great heights.  If your struggling today, hold onto this scripture and carry it in your heart today.

The LORD gives me strength. He makes my feet as sure as those of a deer, and he helps me stand on the mountains.
Habakkuk 3:19 (CEV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment