September 16, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-We don't work alone

Haggai didn't play a big role in the Bible, but in this scripture was something I really like, an encourager.  He was essentially rallying the troops to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.  It seemed to be an insurmountable task, beyond their resources to complete, but Haggai encouraged the leaders not by some motivational trick, but by assurance that the Lord was with them.  I know this is an important lesson for me--sometimes I feel like I'm stuck on an island and don't have the help I need to accomplish what I am responsible for.  That's wrong-God is always there with me, guiding me and giving me strength if I just remember to tap into it.

But now be strong, O Zerubbabel,' declares the LORD. 'Be strong, O Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest. Be strong, all you people of the land,' declares the LORD, 'and work. For I am with you,' declares the LORD Almighty.
Haggai 2:4 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment