September 5, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-Jesus can relate to our problems

I know I've caught myself saying some form of "but nobody understands what I'm going through" and I'll bet you've said that too at some point.  Wrong!  Our Lord and Savior walked the Earth as a flesh-and-blood person and knows what it's like to be hungry and tired.  He knows what temptation feels like.  He knows how to die.  With that understanding, he can relate to anything going on in our lives.

Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For because he himself has suffered when tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Hebrews 2:17-18 (ESV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment