October 13, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-God does not abandon us

I know many of you reading this have been abandoned by a parent or loved one, or know someone who has.  I've dealt with that pain myself.  The feeling of abandonment is one of the worse blows we can take to our self esteem.  It makes us feel like something was wrong with us or else why would the other person leave.  In today's scripture, however, God reminds you that He will NEVER abandon you.  People can move into and out of our lives, but God's presence is constant.  Despite what you may have been told, He loves you unconditionally; that's why there are no conditions placed in this verse.  Own that truth and keep it close to your heart.

Although my father and my mother have forsaken me, yet the Lord will take me up [adopt me as His child]
Psalm 27:10 (Amplified Bible) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment