October 22, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-He Is Our Fortress

Not only are there lots of stories of wars in the Bible, there are also many analogies using terms from war.  If you are a Christ-follower, you are engaged in a war with Satan every day.  The good news is that you're on the winning side.  God is steady like a rock, and offers the reinforcement of a fortress as you live your daily life in a world that is often hostile to godly people trying to live godly lives.  Jesus won the war vs. evil, and he doesn't send us into battle to lose either--we have the tools to win when we walk with Him.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Psalm 62:5-6 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment