October 24, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-With God, all things are possible

In today's scripture, Jesus talks to the disciples about the difficulties a rich man would have entering into heaven.  I believe it is not because he is rich, but it is often because his riches are where is focus is, not God.  Therefore, for those who focus on God, all things are indeed possible.  Don't believe it?  Try it sometime.  In my life, I only reached levels of achievement and financial stability when I looked away from myself and turned my eyes toward Jesus.  With Him, all things are indeed possible!

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." 
Matthew 19:23-36 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment