October 21, 2010

Encouraging Stories-Volunteers build home for Pelahatchie (Miss.) woman

When a Pelahatchie woman asked for help in finding new housing, people in town spread the word and almost immediately, the construction began.


Within a couple of months a new home had sprung up on Dillard Avenue in Pelahatchie, replacing Peggy Browns old dilapidated home.

"Really I just had to touch myself, I know god has good people on this earth but just to speak a word and then things happen," said Brown as she stared in disbelief.

Brown who is on disability asked for assistance when her home began falling apart, and her neighbors immediately came to help.

"It's wonderful, it's a blessing from the lord and I thank god for these people who have been working, giving, donating and I just can't thank em enough," says Brown.

Click here to read the entire story from he WLBT TV website.

No comments:

Post a Comment