October 11, 2010

National Coming Out Day

I think it is entirely appropriate to reestablish my ministry focus toward and support for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people here today.  We've kept that pretty neutral so far on this blog, but the Lord showed me very clearly that I needed to come back out and focus the encouragement from the Lord we are putting forth here toward those that so often need it the most, the GLBT community. 

Some of you may be aware that I had a blog for several years titled "Straight, Not Narrow."  Well, I still am and want to reaffirm my commitment to showing GLBT people the love and encouragement that God wants so very much to give them. I'm in the process of moving some of the resources we had gathered over there to make them available on this blog.  We'll also be adding some content beyond our daily affirming words and music here very shortly but we will stay faith-based, we're not turning this into a news or politics blog.

If you disagree with this approach, then this blog is not for you and we can part friends.  However, I would encourage you to look at our content first before you make that decision. 

In regards to National Coming Out Day, I would encourage those of you who have lived one life in private and another in public to make a decision to change that.  I know that seems easy for a straight guy to say, but I've learned that we can't enjoy the fullness of life if we are not at peace with ourselves and with God.  I don't see how anyone can live two separate lives and be at peace.  Despite the challenges that coming out might bring, I strongly believe the opportunity to find peace is worth it.

God bless you and I hope Encouragement For Living is a blessing and a resource for you.

1 comment:

  1. Though I'm a Pagan witch, Bless you for coming to this point.

    ReplyDelete