October 29, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-God generously gives us wisdom

I spent far too many years trying on my own to figure out how to use the gifts God game me.  While acknowledging the source of those gifts, I seldom consulted Him regarding what direction He wanted me to go with them.  That's my bad, because James ! tells us that God is standing by, ready and willing to not just parcel out tiny morsels of His wisdom, but to give it out generously.  When you're unsure or puzzled about the next step to take, check in with the Lord, the greatest source of lasting wisdom.  Don't be shy, He loves us soooo much and wants to help us enjoy the blessings He makes available to us.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment