October 19, 2010

Encouraging Stories-T.I. credits God for saving suicidal man not himself -- 'I just showed up'

The rapper and actor T.I. is generating headlines over the fact that he prevented a suicidal man from jumping off a building in Atlanta. While everyone is singing the rapper praises for what he accomplished, he wants the public to know that he credits God and not himself for what he was able to do.

As Us Magazine reports, T.I. says of all the positive praise he is receiving: "I'm having a very difficult, hard time taking credit for this. God did all the work. I just showed up. So I can't say it's the most heroic thing that I did. It may have been one of the most spiritual moments that I've had." He went on to say that he felt an inner stirring which prompted him to try to help the man: "Before I could even get out of my driveway, something in my heart just said, 'You gotta help.'"

Click here to read the entire story from the Examiner.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment