October 12, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-The Lord is strongest in our weakness

We've all got our "stuff" that wears us down, and when we get worn down it's harder to think good thoughts and do good things.  This even applied to the Apostle Paul, who wrote this letter to the Corinthians.  He mentioned several times about how he did things he knew was wrong, yet the Lord lifted him up to be one of the fathers of the Christian faith and the most prolific writer of the Bible.  When we're down, struggling, far from our best, that's when God is at His best, giving us the strength to rise up beyond the limitations of our emotions and flesh to do great things in His name.

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment