October 17, 2010

Encouraging Stories-"Breast cancer leads to helping others and finding peace"

I thank God for being with me 24/7. My body has responded to the medicine so well I have gone from mastectomy back to lumpectomy. Everything is disappearing. The cancer found in my spine and pelvic bone has disappeared. The lymph nodes has shrunk from a size eight to a two, and the cancer in my breast is diminishing.

I salute myself for being a Big Girl and knowing it's alright to cry and be sad at times. I know I will survive, and I am a survivor. I thank my church family and friends as well as my personal family for their help, compassion, prayers and love.

But most of all I thank God. I'm giving HIM all the glory to fight this battle.

This experience has led me to help others. I talk to strangers in the mall, grocery stores, and beauty salons, letting them know how important it is to take mammograms every year because early detection is the key. I even stress to men to be checked regularly for prostate cancer. I pass out literature and information about breast cancer.

At first I didn't understand why this happened to me, but I know now it's because I'm anointed to help other people, thus helping me with my recovery.

Click here to read the entire story from the Miami Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment