October 6, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-God's mercy is given, not earned

There are religions that teach how you have to work and earn your way into eternal life, but I believe that goes directly against the Bible.  We see here another reminder that God's mercy is a gift He chooses to bless us with, not something that we earn by completion of certain tasks.  Our Lord is merciful because He decides to be, not because of what we do--takes some of the pressure off living if you ask me.

What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! For he says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion. "It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.
Romans 9:14-16 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment