October 26, 2010

Encouraging Stories-Volunteer helps with Tanzanian ministries

In 2004, Gayle Stroschein of Elk Point, S.D. had a “come to Jesus meeting” when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

“It was such a moment that I quit my job teaching nursing at Briar Cliff and wondered what God’s plan was for me,” she recalled.

She didn’t have to wait long before it was revealed.

Stroschein went on a trip with Siouxland Tanzania Educational Medical Ministries, or S.T.E.M.M., an interdenominational Christian ministry that provides ongoing assistance to needy children in Tanzania.

“I felt blessed to be able to use my skills to help these needy kids,” she said. “I truly felt God was calling me to be a part of S.T.E.M.M.”

Click here to read the whole story from the Sioux City (SD) Journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment