December 27, 2010

Encouaging Scripture-Unmerrited favor

God shows his love for us in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8 (ESV) from Bible Gateway

Some of the more emotional moments I've had in my life is when I've received a gift or someone has done something for me that I did not feel I deserved, that I felt unworthy of.  I've had that from spouses, friends, and colleagues at work, and it really chokes me up.  I'm sure you've experience that too.  Actually, we've all experience that, receiving the grace (defined as unmerited favor) of Christ dying for us.  Even before we were born, we were destined to inherit a sinful nature, yet Christ willing died for me, my wife, everyone I know, and you too.  He died to pay the price for our sins, substituting Himself for us when we face judgment.  I sure don't deserve that gift, and I'm confident you don't either, but that's how much our Lord loves us.  If you ever doubt His love for you, just remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment