December 3, 2010

Encouraging Scrpiture-God gives us strength and a song

You read a lot here about the strength the Lord can provide to us to endure trials and battle those who would hurt us, but there's another side to Him that can get neglected.  God can put a song in our hearts.  He is the greatest source of unbridled joy we can ever have.  You may have had experiences as a young child running around through a field chasing butterflies and just giggling your little head off.  You weren't worried about anything at that moment, you were just enjoying the beauty of God's creation--pure, childlike joy.  That's the nature that God places in us that gets pulverized into submission with the problems in our lives, but it is still there.  We don't have to give up our strength to experience joy because God is BOTH in our lives, and I suspect the joy we allow ourselves to experience only enhances our strength when we need it.

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation."
Isaiah 12:2 (ESV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment