December 31, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-Start a new year by trusting God

I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
Psalm 91:2 (ESV) from Bible Gateway

This is the time of year many of us make new year resolutions, which are usually well intentioned but often don't come to pass.  This exercise in futility often leads us to beat ourselves up and, instead of making us feel better, we feel a sense of failure.  I'm convinced God doesn't want that for us, so that's why I'm approaching mine a bit differently this year.  I'm dedicating parts of my life where I know I still need growth to the Lord and enlisting Him as a coach, a partner, an encourager, and my refuge and fortress.  I don't trust myself to make significant lifestyle changes on my own, and I've got a pretty long track record to support that.  Things do happen in a big way, though, when I don't take them on by myself.  I'm blessed to have a very loving and supporting wife, but when we're not together, I have God with me to keep me moving forward.  Sometimes He'll have to pick me up, brush me off, and lead me back to the path that he has carved out for me, but I can TRUST Him to do that.  If you are resolving to do anything different or better in 2011, I encourage you to start with trusting God.  Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment