November 15, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-Contentment is a choice

Being content with your station in life is not something that happens to you, it is a choice you make.  Wealth doesn't bring contentment because rich people so often try to get richer.  Relationships can seem to bring contentment until things start getting rough.  A good job can seem to bring contentment until the company is sold or the job is eliminated.  We can't count on circumstances to be content.  The Apostle Paul went through beatings, arrest, shipwrecks, hunger, etc. but made a decision to be content in the Lord through His strength.  I encourage you to make that same decision today.

for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 
Phillipians 4:11-13 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment