November 19, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-God helps those who help others

 Have you ever heard someone use the phrase "God helps those who help themselves?"  Funny thing about that; (1) it's not in the Bible and (2) just the opposite is true.  God blesses those who help others.  I can personally testify to that.  I went through a spell in my life before I met Brenda where I wasn't giving much of anything to anyone and struggled mightily financially.  When Brenda and I married, we pledged to tithe regularly and give offerings when possible.  During that time, my salary has over doubled!  Coincidence?  Not really--that's scriptural.

One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. 
Proverbs 11:24 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment