November 3, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-The Lord helps us shake it off

I've been struggling with things at my job recently, getting worn down, frustrated, and discouraged.  Yet every morning I've found the strength to get up and do it again.  I haven't trudged into work and gone through the motions, hoping the ceiling doesn't fall in, though.  I've gone expectant that something good will happen in a new day because the Lord is with me in the office the same way He is with me every step I take in my life.  I won't give in and give up because the Lord never fails!

I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall.  I well remember them, and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3:19-23 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

1 comment: