November 11, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-We may stumble, but we won't fall

Sometimes I get very frustrated and angry with myself when I don't do something as well as I know I can, or I'm not as considerate of someone else as I could have been.  I hate feeling like I'm coming up short in the eyes of God, He who has blessed me so richly.  I need to remind myself of scriptures like Psalm 37:23.  He knows we will stumble, that we won't always do our best, and the Lord Himself is there to steady us.  By His hand, we will not fall.  We shouldn't treat our shortcomings as anything other than a little stumble, because that's how God is treating them.

The LORD makes firm the steps of the one who delights in him; though he may stumble, he will not fall,  for the LORD upholds him with his hand.
Psalm 37:23 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment