November 23, 2010

Encouraging Scripture-Excel with a little, be ready for bigger things

I recently worked late and showed up at a fast food place that was supposed to be open until 9:00 PM.  It was still several minutes before 9 when I walked up to find the door locked and the two people already well into closing the place down looking at me in terror afraid that I would demand to be served.  As I returned to my car, I thought "with that attitude, that's the type of job you'll be stuck with."  Whether it's our job or our service to God, we need to approach it with our best effort, being faithful to that opportunity before we can expect to earn one greater.  As the Bible teaches us, nothing less than that reflects well on us, nor on our Lord.

“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
Matthew 25:21 (NIV) from Bible Gateway

No comments:

Post a Comment